Register Now for CF XCEL-IT Courses Starting in May
April 18, 2014
The College of Central Florida XCEL-IT program is accepting enrollment for courses that begin in May. Classes will be held at the CF Ocala Campus, 3001 S.W. College Road. For more information or to register, call 352-854-2322, ext. 1496.
- Basic Computers will meet Wednesdays, May 5-June 4, from 3-5 p.m. The cost is $75.
- Keyboarding will meet Saturdays, May 3-24, from 9 a.m. to noon. The cost is $85.
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2013 will meet Thursdays, May 29-June 19, from 9-11 a.m. The cost is $60.
- Introduction to Microsoft Word 2013 will meet Thursdays, May 1-22, from 9-11 a.m. The cost is $60.
- Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 will meet Tuesdays, May 6-27, from 2:30-4:30 p.m. The cost is $60.
- Business Plan Writing will meet Saturday, May 10, from 9 a.m. to noon. This course explores why a plan is important, how to create a plan, and how to use it. The cost is $40.
- New Venture Finance will meet Tuesday, May 13, from 5-8 p.m. The course will introduce funding options for your business. Students will learn about loans, angel and venture capital, how to read financial statements, basic accounting principles, budgeting, forecasting and more. The cost is $25.
XCEL-IT, Information Technology Careers in Rural Areas, is a statewide grant led and administered by CF, which is specifically designed to expand programs for workers who have been displaced due to foreign trade. Funding is paid through the Labor Department's Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training grant.