Sustainability Challenges - Month by Month
Each month, we encourage you to be more sustainable in some very important areas. While everyone is free to choose their own method of conservation/sustainability, we've listed some ideas at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get some ideas from the web sites listed below, as well.
- March 2013 - Time Recovery
- April 2013 - Alternative Transportation
- May 2013 – Water
- June 2013 – Recycle
- July 2013– Energy
- August 2013 – Resources
- September 2013– Pay It Forward (Volunteer!)
- October 2013 – Global
- November 2013 – Self / Family
- December 2013 – Teach
- January 2013 - Health / Wellness
- February 2013 - Shop Local
Ideas for sustainable goals
- Plant a tree or start an organic garden.
- Volunteer a few hours in a park.
- Organize all volunteer crew and pick a sustainable cause.
- Save 100 gallons of water for the month.
- Save 100 gallons of irrigation water.
- Install rain water capture system for lawn irrigation at home.
- Recycle for a week or start an at home recycle program.
- Establish a community based recycle program
- Start the process to switch out home light bulbs for LED.
- Car Pool one day or organize and set up a permanent car pool.
- Set up community based car pool system.
- Establish Smart House or go black for a day/week/month.
- Bike, walk or use public transportation for a week or switch permanently.
- Donate household items to community organizations or churches.
- Eat organic for a day/week/month/permanent.
- Eat vegetarian organic day/week/month/permanent.
- Start once per week family game night
- Start one hour per evening family time.
- Organize neighborhood sustainability awareness.
Learn more about sustainability