CF’S Fulbright Scholar Has Full Schedule
(OCALA, Fla.) Sept. 2, 2009 — College of Central Florida has announced a full schedule of events for Fulbright Scholar-in-Residence Dr. V. Chellammal, who is visiting from Chennai, India, through Dec. 15.
Chellammal is a professor in the Science and Humanities Department at Anna University in Chennai. She has her Ph.D. in American fiction from Anna University and was a director for the Fulbright Hayes Program during the summer of 2004.
In addition to teaching two English classes at CF, Chellammal is scheduled to participate in these events:
- Sept. 3 — Closing lecture at the exhibit “The Art of Ganesh” at 4 p.m. at the CF Webber Gallery, Ocala Campus, 3001 S.W. College Road.
- Sept. 15 — Introduction and discussion following the International Film Series
- Oct. 4 and 5 — “Global Conversations — From Southern India to Angkor Wat: The Spread of Hindu and Buddhist Culture” at the Appleton Museum of Art of College of Central Florida, 2 to 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 4. The program will be held at the CF Webber Center beginning at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 5.
- Oct. 13 — Introduction and discussion following the International Film Series screening of “Mr. and Mrs. Iyer” at 7 p.m. in Building 8, Room 110, at the Ocala Campus.
During International Education Week, Nov. 16-21, she will participate in:
- Nov. 20 — Fulbright Panel Discussion from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Webber Center. Dr. Chellammal will be joined by five additional CF faculty
- Nov. 21 — “The Culture and Art of India,” a lecture focusing on the Appleton Museum collection of Indian and Hindu art, to be held at the museum beginning at 1:15 p.m. A reception will follow. The lecture is free with museum admission or membership.
For information contact the director of International Education and English as a Second Language programs at CF, at 352-854-2322, ext. 1624. All events are free unless otherwise indicated.