Starting and Succeeding in Cosmetology
CAREER DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
Unsure of your major or career? Free career assessments/tools in the Bryant Student Union, Room 205.
STEP 1 – APPLY ONLINE:
- Online applications can be completed at CF’s web site, https://mycf.cf.edu/ics/Admissions/. All sections of the online application must be filled out completely.
- Residency – Residency must be completed to transition through the admissions process. Please log into the CF portal and complete the Residency Affidavit by clicking on the Admissions status tab, then the appropriate Residency Affidavit. Students under the age of 24 are required to have a parent or legal guardian complete this page. Additional documentation may be required.
- Transcripts – An official transcript must be sent from either your high school or GED and from every college/vocational school you have attended. In order to be OFFICIAL, the transcriptmust be in a sealed, unopened envelope. High school transcripts MUST show the date of graduation. GED transcripts may be obtained from the Department of Education of the issuing state. Send transcripts to:
ATTN: Admissions and Records
College of Central Florida
3001 SW College Road
Ocala, FL 34474
STEP 2 – GET FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE:
Apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Be sure to select appropriate academic year, include CF’s federal school code – 001471 – and sign your application electronically utilizing your PIN (www.pin.ed.gov).
- Process can take 4-6 weeks (sometimes longer) and you may be asked to submit additional documents.
- No aid can be processed until all high school and college transcripts are received and evaluated.
- Vocational students, only programs with 30 credits or more may be approved for financial aid.
STEP 3 – TAKE YOUR PLACEMENT TEST:
Placement scores are needed in CF’s system prior to orientation and class registration. ACT, SAT or CPT scores earned within the past two years are acceptable.
- Request your SAT scores from www.collegeboard.org or your ACT scores from www.act.org.
- To take the PERT (PostSecondary Education Readiness Test) or CPT (College Placement Test), call:
- Ocala Campus 352-854-2322, ext. 1564 or 1395
- Citrus Campus 352-746-6721, ext. 6168
- Levy Center 352-493-9533
- Hampton Center 352-873-5881
- Vocational students, if you do not have a high school diploma or GED, you must meet minimum CPT score requirements in order to be eligible for financial aid.
- All cosmetology students must have TABE scores on file.
STEP 4 – REGISTRATION
- Vocational and certificate students should contact their department advisor directly regarding their orientation requirements. Contact Delores Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her in building 16.
STEP 5 – PAY YOUR FEES:
Fees are subject to change each academic year for in-state and out-of-state students.
- Tuition and fees are due in full by the due date shown on your fee statement. This date will be 10 business days from the date of your FIRST registration or the start of classes for the given term, whichever comes first.
- Students who do not pay by their deadline date and who have not completed their financial aid file may have all of their courses dropped from their schedule. Re-registration is on space available basis before the semester begins or during the “add” period only.
- Fees can be paid at one of the following locations:
- Ocala at the Cashier in the Bryant Student Union
- Citrus Campus in Building C4
- Levy Center
- Online via the MyCF Portal from the schedule and fee statement.
STEP 6 – OBTAIN YOUR PARKING DECAL AND STUDENT ID CARD:
Bring a copy of your student schedule to the Public Safety Officenext to the Bryant Student Union for your free parking decal and student ID card. Make sure you have Public Safety put "Cosmetology" on your ID Card.
STEP 7 – PURCHASE BOOKS AND SUPPLIES:
Kits and books will be available the first day of class.
STEP 8 – FIND ACADEMIC SUCCESS:
Many resources exist at CF to help you become a successful student. Check out each of these resources:
- Your instructor – ask for help when needed
- Learning Resources Center (LRC), Building 4
- The Learning Support Center, LRC Room 101
- The Writing Center, LRC Room 101J
- The Math Lab, Mathematics Building Room 105
- The Foreign Language Lab
STEP 9 – GET INVOLVED:
CF student clubs and organizations give individuals a chance to pursue interests while developing new relationships and leadership skills. The Cutting Edge is the official club for the Cosmetology Department.
ENROLLMENT SERVICE CENTER (Ocala Campus)
|Regular Office Hours are:||Summer Hours are:|
|Monday – Thursday:
8 a.m.- 6 p.m. Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
|Monday – Thursday:
7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., Fri: Closed
Enrollment Services Center (Bryant Student Union, Room 102) is your first stop for all questions about getting started at CF (admissions, program requirements, registration, etc.).