Frequently Asked Questions
What are the dual enrollment deadlines for upcoming semesters?
2014 Application Deadlines New Students Only:
Priority Summer Application Deadline: March 6
Final Summer Application Deadline: April 3
Priority Fall Application Deadline: May 1
Final Fall Application Deadline: June 19
2014 Registration Dates and Information:
[NOTE: New students – you will select a time to register after you complete online orientation. Returning students who have previously completed a dual enrollment course – you will register at the specific times outlined below.]
|Priority registration:||April 1|| Returning students - 8 a.m.
New students – in the afternoon, select time on portal
|Make up/late registration:||April 23|| New students - select time on portal
All others - 9 a.m
|Returning student registration:||April 30||Returning students - 12:30 p.m.|
|Priority registration:||May 14||New students who are registered for summer classes - 8:30 a.m. , New students starting fall - select time on portal.|
|Make up/late registration:||July 16||New students - select time on portal
All others - 9 a.m.
What materials should be included in the application packet?
- Dual Enrollment Parent Approval Form
- PERT, ACT or SAT official test score reports
- High school transcripts
- Advanced Placement (AP) or AICE score reports if the student has taken them
- Home school students only - letter from home education office in your district.
What do I need to bring to Registration Day? (Marion County Students Only)
- Public - blue textbook form from guidance counselor
- Private - letter on school letterhead from guidance counselor
- Home school – letter from parent/home school administrator
- List of desired classes, including section numbers. Please note that your first preference of classes may not be available and it is wise to have a back up selection
How do I register for my dual enrollment classes if I am a Citrus or Levy county student?
- Registration is coordinated through your high school guidance counselor.
- Home school - contact CF DE Specialist.
What are the cut-offs for passing test scores?
How do I register for one of these tests?
PERT: This test is given at CF. Students receive their results as soon as they finish the exam. Students will need to bring the following:
- $10.00 testing fee
- Social security number
- Photo identification
Call 352-854-2322, ext. 1564 in Ocala, 352-249-1213 in Citrus county, or 352-493-9533 in Levy county to register.
What critical dates and county specific information do students need to know for upcoming semesters?
Home School Student Information
Marion County Public and Private School Student Information
Citrus and Levy Counties Public and Private School Student Information
CF Academic Calendar?
If I earn a “D” or "F" in a course but my other grades are high, can I continue in the dual enrollment program?
No, you will no longer be able to participate in the dual enrollment program.
If you experience difficulty with a course, do not wait to ask for help!
- Contact your instructor.
- Contact your guidance counselor.
- Contact a CF advisor for information about tutors and other college resources.