Veterans Affairs - Certification Process
- Submit a Certificate of Eligibility, a VA form 22-1995, VA form 22-5495, or a VA-form 28-1905 to the VA Office or Enrollment Services (both located in the Bryant Union Center – Building 5).
- NOTE: The Certificate of Eligibility students should receive in the mail from the VA after completing the VONAPP (Veterans Online Application). Students who have not received a Certificate of Eligibility after 3 months should call the VA directly at 888-442-4551.
- NOTE: VA form 22-1995 is used for Chapter 30, 33, 1606, and 1607 students that have collected benefits at other institutions.
- NOTE: VA form 22-5495 is used for Chapter 35 students that have collected benefits at other constitutions.
- NOTE: VA form 28-1905 is used for Chapter 31 students
- Submit a signed class schedule, signed by an academic advisor, to the VA Office or Enrollment Services (both located in the Bryant Union Center – Building 5).
- NOTE: You must make an advising appointment with an advisor EVERY semester to get your schedule signed.
- NOTE: You must submit a signed schedule EVERY semester in order to receive your benefits.
Once the eligibility form and the signed schedule have been submitted, the CF VA Office will complete the rest of the certification process. If it is your first time using your benefits, it may take up to 3 months before you receive your first payment.
Chapter 30s, 33s, 1606s, and 1607s need to verify attendance at the end of each month on VA WAVE (https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do) or call the attendance verification number (888-823-2378). Chapter 33s and 35s receive a check every month once they are certified and are not required to verify attendance.
NOTE: The VA has standards the student must maintain to keep receiving payments. See the 2011/2012 catalog at http://www.cf.edu/catalog/2011-2012_catalog/ or visit the CF VA Office for more information.