The Associate in Science in Computer Information
Technology is designed to prepare individuals for employment in technology related areas. The program trains individuals for employment in a wide variety of computer positions in business, industry, and government.
The program provides students with the necessary skills to take several industry certifications required in the technology field. Additionally, the Computer Information Technology program prepares students to enter the Management Information Systems track of the Bachelor of Applied Science in Business and Organizational Management program.
In addition, students may complete the following College Credit Certificate(s), either as an individual program, or while completing their Associate in Science degree in Office Administration.
- Network +
- Security +
Graduates in the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to use current productivity software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, email, and internet browser applications.
- Install, configure, upgrade and troubleshoot computer hardware and associated peripheral devices and other system components.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot system and device driver software and implement basic security measures.
- Describe the origin, structure, and history of the Internet.
- Install, configure, use, manage, and troubleshoot microcomputer operating systems.
- Create and maintain database objects, store, retrieve and manipulate data stored in a relational database.
- Demonstrate knowledge of networking technologies, networking hardware, and data communication concepts, protocols, and routing methods.
- Install, configure, manage, deploy, monitor and troubleshoot Windows applications in a networked Windows environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of systems analysis skills.
- Perform customer service skills.
Program Manager: Dr. Lori Kielty
352-854-2322, ext. 1383
Ocala Campus, Ewers Century Center, Room 201K
Educational Advisor, Business, Technology and Workforce: Karen Tolson
352-854-2322, ext. 1593
Ocala Campus, Bryant Student Union, Room 201
Graduates of this program are eligible to be enrolled in the CF Bachelor of Applied Science in Business and Organizational Management program. For more information, contact Keith Collins, 352-854-2322, ext. 1516