Summer Art Camps at Appleton Museum
June 13, 2013
The Appleton Museum of Art, College of Central Florida, has space available in its Summer Art Camps. Budding young artists 4 to 12 years old can learn about art and create their own original artwork. Weekly camp fees for 4- to 6-year-olds are $75 for members and $90 for nonmembers and fees for 7- to 12-year-olds are $95 for members and $110 for nonmembers. To register, contact Appleton Educator Mary Moore at 352-291-4455, ext. 1613, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camps available for 4- to 6-year-olds from 10 a.m. to noon:
- June 24-28, “All About Me.” Young artists will experiment with an exciting variety of art materials and forms of artistic expression.
- July 15-19, “Paper Play.” Paint it, paste it and turn it into a collage. Eric Carle and other children’s book illustrators will be our guides through this week of paper magic.
Camps available for 7- to 12-year-olds:
- June 17-21, 9 a.m.-noon, “Making Faces.” Students will study the portrait painting techniques of world famous artists Warhol and Matisse and then create their own masterpieces.
- June 24-28, 1-4 p.m., “Bird is the Word.” Feathered friends will flock together this week as student artists build, paint and create unique avian creations.
- July 15-19, 1-4 p.m., “Bottle Caps and Robots.” Make extraordinary works of art out of ordinary things.
- July 29-Aug. 2, 9 a.m.-noon, “Come to the Circus.” Clown puppets will be just one of the many pieces of artwork produced with paper, paint, cloth and clay.
- Aug. 5-9, 9 a.m.-noon, “Totally Tubular.” Students will design chairs, sculptures and other clever things using paper towel tubes.
The Appleton Museum of Art is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday and closed on Monday. Daily admission is $6 for adults; $4 for seniors 55 or better and students 19 and over; $3 for youths ages 10-18; and free for members, CF students, children age 9 and under, and active military personnel and their immediate families. In addition, a 12-month membership is available for $25 for seniors 55 and over; $30 for adults 18 and over; $40 for two seniors over age 55; $50 for a family of two adults and any children under age 18; and $15 for all college students and current or retired educators. Owned and operated by College of Central Florida, the Appleton Museum of Art is located at 4333 E. Silver Springs Blvd., Ocala, just east of downtown on SR40 (exit 352 east off I-75 or exit 268 west off I-95). For more information call the Appleton Museum at 352-291-4455 or visit www.AppletonMuseum.org.