CF Brings Home College Association Honors
Nov. 16, 2011
The College of Central Florida brought home several awards from conferences of the Association of Florida Colleges and the National Council for Marketing and Public Relations recently.
- Dr. Charles Dassance, CF president emeritus, received the Honorary Life Membership Award and the James L. Wattenbarger Award from AFC.
- The college received the Platinum Chapter Award for overall excellence from AFC.
- The Marketing and Public Relations Department received an AFC student choice award for a poster promoting the Bachelor of Applied Science degree, second place for a video/electronic promotion of the B.A.S., and second place for “Guide for Adults and New-Traditional Students,” a viewbook/recruitment piece.
- Marketing and Public Relations received a Silver Medallion Award from NCMPR for CF Connection magazine.
- Rob Wolf, Citrus Campus dean of Instructional Services, received the Unsung Hero Award for the AFC CF chapter.
- A membership award recognized that 50 percent or more of full-time CF employees are AFC members.
AFC is the professional association for Florida’s 28 public colleges, their boards, employees, retirees and associates. NCMPR connects marketing and PR professionals at community and technical colleges and supports their professional growth.