Register Now for CF Institute Classes Starting in March
Feb. 26, 2014
The CF Institute at the College of Central Florida is accepting enrollment for courses that begin in March and April. Courses will be held at the CF Ocala Campus, 3001 S.W. College Road. For more information or to register, call 352-854-2322, ext. 1282.
- Microsoft Excel 2013, Intermediate will meet Mondays and Wednesdays, March 26-April 7, from 3-5 p.m. This intermediate Excel course will concentrate on functions beyond the basic sum, average, minimum and maximum. Students will learn absolute references, conditional formatting, macros, pivot table, combining functions and selecting the right function for the situation. The cost is $60.
- Basic Computers will meet Thursdays, March 27-April 24, from 9-11 a.m. This introductory class covers hardware, Windows basics, file management, toolbars and Internet browsing. The cost is $75.
- Windows 8 will meet Tuesdays, April 1-22, from 5-7 p.m. The cost is $75.
- Bookkeeping Boot Camp will meet Saturdays, March 8-April 19, from 9 a.m. to noon. This course reviews accounting jargon, double-entry bookkeeping, debits and credits, bank reconciliation, balance sheets and more. Text is required. The cost is $130.
- How to Start up Your Own Business will meet Monday, March 3, from 9 a.m. to noon. This workshop gives the aspiring entrepreneur an understanding of realistic tools and resources for business startup. The cost is $40, and it includes a workbook.
- Email Marketing Made Easy will meet Tuesday, March 11, from 6-8 p.m. This workshop will simplify email marketing by comparing different email services available and help you pick the best one for you. The cost is $15.
- Getting Started in Government Contracting will meet Tuesday, March 11, from 1-4 p.m. This workshop will include a roundtable discussion and will address such topics as finding the right opportunities for your business, submitting a bid and receiving contract awards. The cost is $25.
- QuickBooks Comprehensive 2013 will meet Tuesdays, March 25-April 29, from 5:30-8:30 p.m. In this hands-on course, students will learn how to set up and maintain a QuickBooks company. Students need access to software to fully participate. Text is required. The cost is $112.
Registration deadlines for all classes are three days prior to the start of the class.