Florida State Employee Fee Waivers
Per Section 1009.265, Florida Statutes:
State employees are defined as full-time employees of the executive, legislative and judicial branches of state government, except for persons employed by a state university. State employees can receive tuition and fee waivers for up to six credit hours per semester on a space-available basis. At CF, space available is defined as anytime during the add period. State employees must complete an Application for State Employee Fee Waiver. State Employee Fee Waivers are not applicable to noncredit classes. Employment verification will be obtained by the Office of Financial Aid through the Bureau of State Payrolls website.
- Tuition waiver verification will be confirmed on the state database through the State Payrolls website.
- State employees are responsible for paying admission application fees.
- State employees must complete all admission requirements, including the Application for Admission, placement testing and transcripts, etc.
- State employees must register in person during the add period each term. Registration is for classes on a space available basis only and cannot occur prior to the add period (no deferments, no reimbursements).
- Tuition will be waived for a maximum of six credits (lab fees are not covered). Waiver is for college credit courses including Postsecondary Adult Vocational courses (vocational credit); it is not applicable to noncredit (continuing education) courses or adult education courses. Courses to which the fee waiver is to be applied must be indicated on the waiver form.
- Courses must be taken for a grade; they may not be taken as audit.
- Tuition waiver verification must be assessed each term. If verification is not confirmed, student will be responsible for tuition and fees. Fees will be assessed at the resident rate.
- Tuition waiver is for the current term of registration only. It is not retroactive.
- State employee must complete all admission requirements prior to registering for class(es).
- State employee must complete the Application for State Employee Fee Waiver and submit the form to the Office of Financial Aid. The Office of Financial Aid will file the original letter and forward a copy to the Office of Admissions and Records.
- Once the employee is admitted to CF, or if the employee is a current student, he/she may register for classes on a space available basis during the add period.
- The Office of Financial Aid will post the fee waiver.
- The state employee must pay any fees not covered by the fee waiver at the cashier's window.
- (CF Board Policy 5.08; CF Administrative Procedure Fee Waivers)