Student Support Services
Student Support Services is one of the FederalTRIO programs funded through the U.S. Department of Education. At CF, the SSS program provides a variety of supportive services to at least 220 students annually who meet any of the following eligibility criteria:
- Low income. The student comes from a family whose taxable income does not exceed levels set forth by federal government regulations.
- First generation. The student comes from a family in which neither parent/guardian graduated from a four-year college or university.
- Disabled. The student has documented physical and/or learning disabilities.
The overall purpose of the program is to increase the retention, graduation and transfer rates of this student population. Services provided to participants include:
- academic advisement/registration assistance
- career guidance
- economic literacy training
- personal counseling
- peer tutors/mentors
- financial aid/scholarship advisement
- transfer advisement
- free trips to state universities
- social/cultural activities
- assistance for students with physical and learning disabilities.