Planning Retreat - January 16, 2004
Central Florida Community College
Florida Association of Community Colleges
January 16, 2004
Present: Carole Bartholomew, Joan Cosma, Diana Ryon, Mac Dismuke, Marnie Baird, Barbara Graves, Kimberley Smith
Absent: Deanna Stentiford, Dan Figler, Linda Brown
Executive Board made and approved motion for reimbursement to Joan Cosma for February candy-grams not to exceed $300.00.
Executive Board made and approved motion for reimbursement to Carole Bartholomew for food and supplies for today’s retreat, not to exceed $60.00.
Executive Board made and approved motion for reimbursement to Joan Cosma for supplies for FACC Activities Committee planning meeting (01-23-04) not to exceed $15.00.
Carole Bartholomew noted that CFCC was region chapter of the year in 2000. CFCC was chapter of the year for the State at some point in the past. We want to have the FACC chapter here at CFCC regain that prominence.
We brainstormed ideas of
- What things worked well for the chapter
- What things needed improvement
- What could we start
The balance of the time was spent focusing on two important areas: membership and fundraising. For both of these, getting an FACC/CFCC chapter banner is a priority.
Scholarships are an important part of FACC activities, the chapter does need to raise money for activities that serve the membership as well.
- 50-50 drawings at major events and perhaps monthly meetings (including Fall Harvest, July picnic, Ice Cream Social)
- Games that have a component of brain teasers (match staff and their pet; baby pictures with adult pictures, photo contest, etc.)
- February candy-grams; Valentine’s pet treats
- Plant sale and perhaps a book sale related to plants
- Book Sale
- Consider alternatives to the candle sale or something in conjunction with it
- Photo calendar with scenes from Marion, Citrus or Levy counties; staff and their pets
- Silent Auction