Office Of Professional Development - Professional Development Center
The Professional Development Center offers a place for faculty to work individually or with colleagues to design materials for classroom instruction and includes the following resources:
- An instructional technology computer lab with 16 computer stations for workshops and assistance in the development and use of presentation tools, a four station mini-lab with plasma screen to work on individual projects, desktop publishing, graphics packages, creation of web pages, a separate video capture station;
- A large conference room with teleconferencing equipment, providing a spacious and welcoming setting for committee meetings, workshops, and other functions; and two smaller breakout conference areas equipped with plasma screens and laptop stations.
- A link for PowerPoint Templates
- A link for New Employee Orientation
The PDC provides equipment to develop materials in the computer lab and offers portable equipment* which can be checked out for classroom use:
- ThinkPad Laptops*
- Flat Bed /Slide Scanners
- Digital Cameras*
- CD/DVD Burners
- Projection Equipment*
- Presentation & authoring software
Monday - Wednesday
For more information, call or visit the Professional Development Center, Building 3, Room 117, (352) 854-2322 ext. 1210 or 1708.