College of Central Florida Forensics (Speech and Debate)
To have a successful experience on the College of Central Florida Forensics team, you need to be committed to your team. Team members must agree to the following requirements:
- I will maintain a minimum cumulative 2.0 grade-point average and a 50-percent class completion ratio.
- I will attend ALL required meetings. If an emergency occurs, I will contact a coach personally as soon as it is feasible.
- I will compete in ALL scheduled tournaments during the semester. Usually this means spending one or two nights away from home. I will be given a schedule in advance, and will arrange my work schedule and class assignments around these tournaments.
- I will participate in at least one category for my first tournament. From then on, I will participate in two or more categories (non-scholarship applicants) or three or more categories (scholarship applicants).
- Once registration has been finalized, if I am unable to compete in the tournament or I am not totally prepared in my assigned categories, or if I miss a round during competition, I will pay the entry, penalty, and/or drop fees that I have incurred.
- I will practice with a coach at least once a week at a scheduled time, not including the required meeting.
- I will support my teammates by practicing with them and attending their rounds in competition when possible.
- I will treat all CF and other school team members (coaches, judges, and students) with respect and civility.
- I will adhere to CF’s policy which states I will not drink alcohol while attending a tournament.
SHARE THIS PAGE: