New International Student Orientation
We are pleased that you will join us for New International Student Orientation. During Orientation, we will cover many topics to fully prepare you to become a successful CF student. You will leave orientation understanding your F-1 visa regulations, your academic requirements, and what campus resources are available to assist you. You will also meet other new and current CF students, learn about Ocala, and get to know the CF staff members who will be there to support and assist you. If you have any questions, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you at Orientation!
CF International Student Services Staff
Orientation Is Mandatory
Attendance at Orientation is mandatory for all new F1 visa international students and is extremely important to start you off on a path to success. If you do not attend Orientation, you may face serious consequences, including termination of your I-20. Please contact us if you have any questions.
The following is a sample agenda to give you an idea of what you can expect at New International Student Orientation. You must be on time and you cannot leave early.
8:00 a.m. Welcome to CF!
10:00 a.m. PERT Placement Testing (Math & English)
8:30 a.m. Immigration & Visas, Florida Identification Cards, Campus Safety, etc.
1:00 p.m. Lunch*
2:00 p.m. Academic Advising Session & Class Registration
3:30 p.m. Campus Tour
4:00 p.m. MyCF Student Web Portal and CANVAS Demonstration
4:30 p.m. Questions & Wrap Up
10:00 a.m. Student Life
11:00 a.m. Medical & Health Insurance
12:00 a.m. Academic & Degree Planning Information
1:00 a.m. Lunch*
2:00 a.m. How to Open a U.S. Bank Account
3:00 p.m. Pay Tuition & Buy Textbooks
4:00 p.m. Get a CF student I.D. card
* Please contact us if you have any dietary restrictions
What to Bring With You
- Your passport
- Your F1 student visa
- Proof of health insurance
- I-94 number (this may be a white card that was stapled in your passport when you went through US customs and immigration, or you can print it online)
- $10 (cash, check, credit or debit card)
- Your local address in Ocala, Florida
- Emergency contact information (name, email and phone number of your parents or legal guardian)
- Tuition (varies depending on student schedule. Approximately $5,100 - $6,000. Cash, check, credit card, debit card and wire transfer accepted.
- Money to purchase textbooks (varies depending on student schedule. Approximately $350 - $500. Cash, check, credit card or debit card accepted.
Other items you may need:
- If you are a transfer student from another US school, bring your previous I-20s
- You may want to bring a sweater or light jacket since the room can be cold
- Bottled water and lunch is provided, but you may want to bring snacks or additional money for the vending machine
- If you are transferring previous college course work from a foreign university or college, Orientation is the last day to submit your official course-by-course evaluation report from WES or Josef Silny.