Special Projects and Awards
College of Central Florida offers mini-grants, awards and recognition for different and interesting projects that allow multiple programs to work together and accomplish a common goal. Some of the projects that were spear-headed by the Automotive Technology department and won recognition were:
- The Integrity I. In recognition of College of Central Florida's yearly theme of "Integrity".
- Specialty Tools. Making special tools to save the college money.
- Beautifying the Automotive shop. Adding a little beauty of "Mother Nature" to the Automotive Technology building.
- Air-conditioning Trainer. Making a working air-conditioning trainer for students to learn the system off the car and saving the college a lot of money by building rather than buying one.
- The Green Machine. Taking a dilapidated old golf cart and renovating it with a "Green Slant". Reducing weight, streamlining batteries, adding a solar charging system, modifying the design and detailing the cart with "Save the Earth" decals.
Office: Room 106
(352) 854-2322, ext.1206