College of Central Florida College of Central Florida
Search CF:
Search A-Z

Access Services Intake

Student on a computerHow To Prepare For An Intake Appointment

After your documentation has been reviewed, you will receive a letter indicating whether you are eligible to register with Access Services. If you are eligible, the letter will contain an appointment day and time for an intake with the Coordinator for Access Services.

If you need to change the location, day or time of your intake appointment, please contact Access Services as soon as you receive the appointment notice.

If you are a client of the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, Division of Blind Services or another agency, who will be providing you with financial or other assistance, please bring with you a copy of your service agreement.

What Is An Intake Appointment?

After reviewing the student's documentation of disability and considering the student's request for accommodations, the coordinator for Access Services and the student will have an intake appointment to discuss the interaction between the disability and the academic environment and to determine reasonable accommodations. In some situations consultation with faculty, staff, and outside professionals regarding essential elements and reasonable accommodations may occur.

The coordinator will discuss the following with the student:

  • what accommodations will be provided
  • when they will be provided
  • who is responsible for providing them
  • how they will be provided

Standard procedures for obtaining and using auxiliary aids and services (e.g., sign language interpreting, document conversion, test accommodations) will also be reviewed.

Some students are clients of an agency providing supplemental funding toward enrollment (e.g. Vocational Rehabilitation, Worker’s Compensation). These students will be given to follow to ensure a smooth enrollment and start to their semester.

An intake appointment is only required for students who are registering with Access Services for the first time or who have not been utilizing Access Services in more than two years. Before the next term, if students want to request accommodations for the new term, they should complete and submit a Accommodation Request Renewal.

| more
Follow us on:Like Us On FacebookFollow Us On TwitterView Our Videos On YouTube!College of Central Florida RSS Feeds