Student Support Services
The purpose of the Student Support Services (SSS) program is to increase the retention, graduation and transfer rates of its participants.
The Program only serves students seeking A.A. & A.S. degrees, not vocational or certificate degrees.
To be eligible to participate, a student must:
- have a high school diploma or GED
- be enrolled in classes at CF
- be a U.S. Citizen or resident alien
- be a first generation college student, or come from a low-income family, or have a physical and/or learning disability.
CF’s SSS Program is committed to helping you achieve your educational goals. By providing you with more direct and individualized services, SSS increases your likelihood of success.
Start Date: 9/1/2010
End Date: 8/31/2015
Funding: $20,000 - serving 220 students
- Academic advisement
- Peer tutoring/counseling
- Financial aid/scholarship advisement
- Career exploration and planning
- Study skills seminars / Workshops
- Transfer advisement - free trips to universities
- Assistance for students with disabilities
- Cultural educational field trips
- Supplemental grant aid
- Motivational seminars
- Project Eagle – a unique summer program
- Tutoring and Academic Workshops
- Academic Advice
- Financial Aid Information
- Economic Literacy Training
- Transfer Assistance
The SSS Transfer Initiative
The Student Support Services Counselor will assist all SSS A.A. degree-seeking students in reaching their goal of transferring to a four-year college or university. The Transfer Initiative Program will:
- Provide pre-registration advisement
- Provide knowledge of the prerequisite requirements at the specific school of choice
- Provide information on housing, financial aid and admissions requirements
- Assist you in completing necessary forms
- Take you on free visits to state universities
9/1/2011 – 8/31/2012
237 Students in Good Standing
2 Disabled with low income
188 First Generation with low income
245 Students served currently
For questions or comments, contact the SSS Office at (352) 854-2322, ext. 1761 or 1243 or send an e-mail to the SSS Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also stop by our office located in Building 2, Room 205 Mondays through Fridays between 8:00am and 4:30pm.