E-Learning Plan 2009-2010
CF E-Learning Mission Statement
E-Learning strives to provide flexible, accessible, quality courses to students who desire an alternative delivery method for learning.
- Utilize ANGEL to track Learning Outcomes.
- Review results of spring 2009 pilot.
- In summer 2009, develop an implementation plan for incorporating ANGEL’s learning outcomes tracking function in selected courses in fall 2009.
- E-Learning staff will collaborate with the TLI in the selection of courses for implementation of learning outcomes tracking.
Cost: No additional cost
Assessment: Five courses will utilize ANGEL to track learning outcomes in fall 2009.
- Provide online orientation for e-learning classes (i.e. basic technical aspects of getting started in an online class and utilizing the most common functions).
- Look for models already in use at other Florida community colleges using ANGEL.
- Identify a small task force to review the models, select the best one and suggest modifications.
- Obtain permission to modify and use at CF.
- Customize selected model for CF implementation.
- Identify courses which will provide online orientation.
- Offer training and assistance, through OPD, in the development of online orientations, customized per course.
Cost: No additional cost
Assessment: A minimum of 5 online courses will provide an online orientation customized for each course.
- Implement “Quality Matters” peer review process for online courses.
- Utilize QM criteria in development workshops.
- Introduce to faculty at Fall Colloquium or on October Planning Day.
- Provide workshops in application of the criteria for existing courses.
- Identify candidates for training as QM Peer Reviewers.
- Schedule training for reviewers.
- Solicit volunteers for pilot submission of courses for review.
Cost: Annual subscription cost: $2,250. First year will be covered from one of the LR endowment grants designated for new initiatives.
Assessment: One course will be formally reviewed by QM Peer Reviewers by spring term 2010.
- Utilize tracking software to improve E-Learning Help Desk services as follows: 1.) track email messages, phone calls and responses, 2.) add a knowledge base of frequently asked questions.
o Select software (Summer A).
o Pilot software (Summer B) to determine how to use it effectively.
o Compile initial reports.
o Make adjustments .
o Implement fully.
Cost: First year: $1,750. Annual maintenance after first year: $350.
Assessment: Duplication of responses will be eliminated and repeat requests will be reduced, leading to a faster average resolution time.
SHARE THIS PAGE: