General Eligibility Requirements
All financial aid is dependent upon the availability of federal, state, local and institutional resources. To be eligible for financial aid, a student must:
- Be accepted as a degree-seeking student in an A.A., A.S, B.A.S. or B.S. degree program, or
- Be accepted as a certificate-seeking student in an eligible College Credit Certificate* or Postsecondary Adult Vocational certificate** program.
- Be making satisfactory academic progress for financial aid purposes.
- Be a U.S. citizen, national or eligible non-citizen.
- Enroll at least half-time (six credit hours) for most aid programs.
- Not be in default on a prior student loan.
- Not owe a repayment or overpayment of a federal grant.
- Not have an existing financial obligation to CF.
- Be registered for Selective Service, if required.
- Have a standard high school diploma or GED. If you are enrolling in higher education for the first time on or after July 1, 2012, in order to be eligible for federal student aid, you must have either a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent (such as a General Educational Development certificate, GED, or have been home schooled). You will no longer have the option of becoming eligible for federal student aid by passing an approved test or completing at least six credit hours or 225 clock hours of postsecondary education.
- As a college transfer student, upon admission to the college provide an official transcript from each previously attended institution. These are submitted to and evaluated by CF.
- Not have been convicted for sale or possession of illegal drugs while receiving Title IV aid.
*Eligible College Credit Certificate Programs at CF. Please visit www.CF.edu for an up-to-date list of eligible programs:
- Accounting Technology Management
- Business Administration — Business Management
- Dental Assisting (Applied Technology Diploma)
- Equine Assistant Manager
- Office Software Application Management
- Office Management
**Eligible Postsecondary Adult Vocational Certificate Programs:
- Applied Welding Technologies
- Automotive Collision Repair and Refinishing
- Automotive Service Technology
- Law Enforcement Officer
- Surgical Technology