Rights and Responsibilities of the Financial Aid Recipient
As a financial aid consumer, the student has the right to:
- Be informed about financial aid application procedures, cost of attendance, aid available and renewal requirements.
- Have confidential protection of the student's financial aid records. The contents of a financial aid file are maintained in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Request a review of decisions made by the College of Central Florida Financial Aid staff. A letter explaining the student's situation in detail should be submitted to the director of Financial Aid.
The student has the responsibility to:
- Complete applications correctly and on time.
- Read and understand all materials sent to the student from the Office of Financial Aid and other financial aid agencies by mail and electronic communication; keep copies of all forms and materials submitted.
- Know and comply with the rules governing aid program(s).
- Comply with the provisions of any promissory notes and all other agreements that are signed.
- Register for the appropriate number of credits for the aid program and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Register only for courses required for the student's program of study.
- Request personal assistance if the student has questions or do not understand the information provided.
- View the student's financial aid status for up-to-date information at https://mycf.cf.edu/ICS/Financial_Aid/.