The campus environment will be conducive to learning. Thus, the President is authorized to establish rules which foster the learning environment and safety on campus.
Specific prohibitions on campus include:
- Firearms or other dangerous weapons with the exception of:
- Law enforcement officials legally authorized to carry such weapons.
- Authorized classroom demonstrations of an unloaded weapon.
- Firearms that are securely encased or otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use that are stored in vehicles owned by people age 18 or older.
- Any illegal drugs.
- Animals may not be brought on any college grounds or facilities. Exceptions to this policy would include service animals for persons with disabilities and animals to be used for previously approved instructional or special programs.
- Agents, salespersons and solicitors, unless specifically authorized by the President or the President’s designee or for those companies approved by the District Board of Trustees to offer an employee benefit through payroll deductions.
- Food and beverages in classrooms and other college spaces, unless an area is specifically designated for food and beverages.
- Gambling, except the sale of raffle tickets by college-sponsored organizations provided such sale is a donation and/or has been cleared with the local Office of the State Attorney.
- The use of tobacco of any kind on and in all college owned, operated, leased and/or controlled properties, facilities and vehicles.
- All minors that are not students shall not be allowed access to campus areas with the exceptions of:
- Accompanied by adult guardian.
- Sheltering for safety as dictated by emergency situations.
- In attendance of college approved events, social functions, common areas, and not learning and teaching areas unless specifically granted approval by college administration.
- Attending child care facilities.
- Alcohol, unless authorized by the President, for approved CF Foundation or college functions.
(Florida Statutes 112.0455, 1000.06, 1001.02, 1001.64, 286.206; CF Board Policy 3.20)