The Teaching and Learning Institute is dedicated to fostering a learning-centered culture at College of Central Florida. Recognizing that outstanding instruction is an on-going process which requires continuous improvement, the CF Teaching and Learning Institute promotes and supports opportunities which stimulate excellence in teaching in order to enhance student learning.
The Teaching and Learning Institute (T/LI) is committed to the following goals:
- Fostering continuous improvement in teaching and professional development;
- Providing faculty access to current print and software materials;
- Enlarging awareness of research findings on new teaching/learning methods;
- Promoting and supporting the development of innovative courses and programs;
- Providing a mechanism and central location for faculty to express concerns and exchange ideas about teaching and learning;
- Approval and funding of faculty initiated instructional mini-grant proposals;
- Encouraging and supporting research on teaching methods and faculty-developed measures to assess the success of student learning;
- Facilitating the exchange of in-house expertise, materials, methods, and resources through peer collaboration and faculty interaction;
- Providing exposure to the best in current thinking on theories of learning through guest lectures, workshops, institutes, and conferences, faculty exchanges, and visits.