The Timber Harvesting Equipment program prepares students for employment in the vital and expanding logging and timber industry in North Central Florida.
Students participate in five weeks of classroom instruction 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday, followed by three weeks of all-day field instruction with hands-on experience.
- Introduction to the Forest Industry
- Basic Forest Management
- Timber Harvesting Operations
- Silvicultural and Wildlife Best Management Practices
- Timber Harvesting Safety
- Basic Operation of a Feller Buncher, Skidder and Loader
Upon successful completion, students will:
- Achieve these three certifications: Master Logger Certification, OSHA 10-hour Certification, CPR Certification.
- Have the opportunity to interview with area logging contractors for immediate employment in the timber harvesting industry.
Is the Timber Harvesting Equipment program for you? Successful applicants:
- Enjoy working outdoors in any weather
- Like working as a team
- Like working with heavy equipment
- Enjoy helping the environment
- Complete all application and assessment requirements
- Must be 18 years old and drug-free
The inaugural class of Timber Harvesting Equipment was completed in June 2017.
Program dates are June 7-July 29. To learn more and apply, contact Leah Gamble, Levy Campus, Manager of Instructional Services, at 352-658-4077 ext. 2118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.