Many transient students take advantage of CF’s affordable tuition and convenient locations to take classes. Transient students are currently enrolled college students who attend another institution on a temporary basis.

We can assist with the process of taking transient classes – either coming here to CF or taking classes at another institution as a CF student. CF students wishing to go elsewhere are required to have a minimum 2.5 GPA and be in good academic standing to be eligible for transient status.

Applying to Take Transient Classes at CF

For Private / Out of State Schools

Students who are attending Florida private schools or out-of-state schools, will need to submit a general admissions application by going to Within the application, you will select the Transient program on the Admissions Type page.

Requirements for Private/Out-of-State Transient Students:

  • Application fee of $30
  • Residency declaration and supporting residency documents
  • Transient permissions form/letter (the letter must have the following):
    • Must be on letterhead and signed by the registrar of your home institution
    • Stating that you are in good standing at your home institution
    • Which term you have been approved to take classes at CF for
    • Which class or classes you have been approved to take at CF and which class or classes they are equivalent to at your home institution
      • It must have CF’s class codes and your home institution’s class codes
    • Stating that it is your responsibility to request transcripts from CF when the class or classes are complete

For Florida Public Schools

FloridaShines has automated the transient form so it is easier for students. However, not all schools use the online version of the form. If you do not see your transient institution listed, please contact CF Enrollment Services.

The transient process can be completed using these instructions:

  1. Go to
  2. Select the “Take a course at another school” option in the middle of the page
  3. Read Instructions First: Before beginning the application process, be sure to have this information available:
    • Student identification number and PIN/password
    • Social Security Number (If you don’t have a Social Security Number, please enter nine zeros.)
    • Term and year when you want to take the course
    • Course information, including prefix, number, title and credit hours (If you used the online course catalog to find and apply for a course, this information will be pre-populated in the application.)
  4. Select the blue “Apply or Check Application Status Now” button
  5. Select College of Central Florida as the home institution
  6. Enter your CF student ID number
  7. Enter your CF PIN (if you have forgotten your PIN, please follow the prompts)
  8. Select Next
  9. Fill out the online form (please complete the entire form providing all of the information that is requested)
  10. Read the entire acknowledgment clause
  11. Submit Electronic Signature
  12. Select Send

You should receive confirmation by email when your Transient Student Form has been completely processed by College of Central Florida and forwarded to your transient institution.

Financial Aid Information for Transient Students

Please see directions below for Florida Shines’ electronic transient form process.

CF Students Attending Classes at another institution:

For students who are admitted and degree seeking at the College of Central Florida and attending a “Host” institution (CF is considered the “Home” institution), follow these instructions. Transient students who wish to attend another Florida public institution for a particular term are eligible to receive financial aid from CF upon the following:

  • Students must be approved as a transient student with Advising and Enrollment Services. Students may receive this approval by completing the transient application at
  • The Financial Aid Office will determine the students’ eligibility and send the appropriate information to the Host institution.
  • Students need to make arrangements to pay their tuition and fees directly to the host institution by the institution’s fee payment due date. CF does not send funds or make payment arrangements at the host institution on behalf of the student.
  • If not already awarded, the student will be awarded for the upcoming term. Students are not eligible to receive institutional scholarships or miscellaneous loans as a transient student. In addition, some state aid may be limited for transient students. Students should plan to receive their federal aid only.
  • We begin processing disbursements two weeks after the last day to drop with a refund when we receive confirmation the student has begun attendance at the host institution. Disbursements for students attending another institution may take at least an additional week.
  • Students are eligible to receive a book voucher against their aid if they are awarded and if transient approval is finalized prior to the bookstore charging dates established by CF. The book voucher is for the Barnes and Noble bookstore at CF only. Students should obtain the required book ISBN from their host institution and contact the CF bookstore to order the book. If the book is not in stock, it will take approximately one week for the order to be received.
  • If there is any change in the students’ enrollment status once financial aid has disbursed, the student must notify the CF Financial Aid Office. We will contact the “host” school for enrollment confirmation.
  • Return to Title IV policies apply for students that do not attend the course(s), do not satisfactorily complete the course(s), or are unable to produce a transcript from the host institution within 30 days after the end of the term.
  • Students are responsible for ensuring the transcript is sent from the host institution to CF. Failure to produce a transcript from the host institution at the end of the term will result in the suspension of future aid.

Outside Students Seeking Classes at CF:

Students coming to CF (CF is the “Host” institution) as a transient student from a Florida public institution should check with their home institution regarding eligibility for financial aid while attending CF.

CF will be notified of an approved transient student from the Home institution through In order for the student to receive financial aid at their home institution, the procedure is as follows:

  • Students complete the transient/ application process in as appropriate. The student may only register for courses that are approved on the home institution consortium agreement/ transient form.
  • Students need to make arrangements to pay their tuition and fees at CF by the fee payment due date. Transient students are not eligible to receive any aid at CF, including institutional scholarships or miscellaneous loans.
  • At least one week after the last day to drop with a refund, the necessary enrollment and cost of attendance information will be electronically sent to the home institution.
  • Students should check with their home institution regarding the status of their financial aid disbursement.
  • If there is any change in a student’s enrollment status once financial aid has disbursed, the “Home” institution will be notified electronically.

The Financial Aid Office at CF will not enter into a Consortium Agreement as the Home institution with any in-state private schools or out-of-state schools (public or private).