Making college affordable
A college degree is within your reach. The CF Financial Aid Office supports students and their families with planning for and meeting college expenses. Learn about the options for scholarships, grants and loans.
Enter your information to see your estimated cost of attending CF.
See estimated rates for CF’s current tuition, fees and cost of living.
Learn about financial literacy topics such as budgeting and credit scores.
Get in touch with the Financial Aid team by phone, email or virtual appointment.
CF awards more than $1 million in scholarships each year
You don’t have to do this alone. At CF, 87% of students receive some form of financial aid. Scholarships, grants, work study, loans — there are so many forms of financial assistance to help you earn your degree!
Tuition and fees
Take advantage of one of the lowest tuition rates in the United States
CF ranks in the top 1% of colleges in the U.S. for affordability, with tuition rates that are less than half of what you would pay to attend a public university and just a third of what you would pay for a private university.
Check aid status
Stay up to date on your award status
Current students can find financial aid information on the MyCF student portal. You can view your student financial aid status at any time. You will also find financial aid forms and helpful information.
Watch and learn
Financial Aid TV, FATV, provides current and prospective students and families with instant 24/7 access to short videos that discuss important financial aid topics such as:
- Applying for financial aid
- Financial aid eligibility
- Types of financial aid (e.g. grants and loans)
- Financial literacy
- Florida Bright Futures
- Education Tax Benefits and Credits
Apply for aid
Don’t forget your FAFSA!
Students are encouraged to apply for aid by submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA, every year.
The 2022-2023 FAFSA opened on Oct. 1, 2021, for students who will be attending CF in the fall 2022 semester. The 2022-2023 FAFSA uses 2020 tax information.
Student-Specific Financial Aid
Some aid may vary depending on your student type. Select the option that applies to you for more information.
The following information is provided in accordance with the federal Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008.
- Applying for Financial Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- Determining Need for Financial Aid
- Federal Work Study
- Financial Aid Disbursements and Refunds
- Financial Aid Eligibility
- Financial Aid Programs Available
- Purchasing Books with Financial Aid
- Remedial and English as a Second Language (ESL) Coursework
- Return of Unearned Financial Aid
- Rights and Responsibilities of Financial Aid Recipients
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Student Loans/Federal Direct Loans
- Study Abroad
Un miembro del equipo de trabajo que habla español está disponible para brindar información y respuestas a las preguntas sobre ayuda financiera en el College of Central Florida. Por favor llame al 352-873-5800 o envíe un email a firstname.lastname@example.org. Haga clic aquí para ver los vídeos básicos de ayuda financiera en español.
Have your financial circumstances changed? We can review your Financial Aid.
The past year has been financially challenging for many families. If your family has experienced unusual circumstances, your financial aid file can be reviewed for updates to your federal financial aid eligibility. Unusual situations or circumstances that might merit a review include:
- Loss of employment or reduction of income for parents of dependent students
- Loss of employment or reduction of income for students
- Death of a parent (dependent students) or death of a spouse (independent students)
- Significant medical expenses that are not covered by insurance
- Other significant changes in household income or household expenses
To request a review of your federal financial aid eligibility:
- Submit a current FAFSA and all requested verification documents. The FAFSA should list the income earned in the base year for the FAFSA (2019 is the tax base year for the 2021-2022 FAFSA).
- Submit a Professional Judgment Request form (located on the Financial Aid tab of the MyCF student portal) and provide documentation of the circumstances relating to your change in financial status.
Professional judgment requests are handled on a case-by-case basis, and are usually reviewed within 10 business days. You will be notified by email of the outcome of your request.
We’re Here to Help.
Have questions about paying for college? Let’s talk! Call or email us.