StartSmart@CF is CF’s proven process for success for first-time students. As a first-time-in-college student, you will:
- Begin by exploring your strengths through career and interest surveys.
- Be matched with a success specialist, who will advise you through your first year.
- Collaborate to select an academic pathway with clear guidance on what courses to take and when to take them.
- Benefit from free college resources such as tutoring.
- Grow personally by making campus connections.
Each first-time-in-college student is assigned a First-Year Success Specialist, who helps you explore your career interests and choose the best courses and degree plan.
StartSmart Academic Pathways
Choosing a degree can seem daunting, so CF has developed academic pathways to help you get a feel for the classes you would take for a chosen degree. Click below to explore the different pathways in your chosen academic area to find the best degree path for you.
How to Apply
As a first-time-in-college student, you will follow the standard application process. After submitting an online application, you’ll need to submit a few documents such as high school transcripts and placement scores. After admittance, you’ll be able to register for the upcoming semester!
Financial Aid Information
All students are encouraged to explore financial aid options to help with paying for college. Aid options such as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), scholarships and work study may be available to you.
Visit Financial Aid
Low-income students have access to several programs designed to help them be successful during and after college. Services include assistance with the college admissions process, financial literacy guidance, career advice and more.