June 30, 2021 (Revised 11/23/21)
The College of Central Florida (CF) has signed and returned the Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF) Certification and Agreement Form. CF has used, or intends to use, no less than the required amount of funds received to provide HEERF grants to students.
CF has been awarded $5,063,708 under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, & Economic Security (CARES) Act. It was our goal to reach as many students as possible and comply with all U.S. Department of Education guidelines. Fifty-percent ($2,531,854) of those funds was to be distributed to students. The other fifty percent will be used for allowable institutional needs. In addition, the institution received $249,154 in Strengthening Institutions Program (SIP) funds, all of which were disbursed to students.
- As of June 30, 2021, CF has disbursed $2,781,008 to 4,595 students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- The student portion of the CARES Act funds was distributed in three phases over the Spring 2020, Summer 2020, and Fall 2020 semesters (see prior reports).
- SIP funds were distributed in two phases:
- CF disbursed $35,000 of SIP funds in the Fall 2020 semester as emergency aid (see prior reports).
- CF disbursed $214,154 of SIP funds to 430 students in the Summer 2021 semester.
- Enrolled students who are Federal Pell Eligible students were giving funding priority, with 427 students receiving $500.
- Two enrolled non-Federal Pell eligible students received $300, and one enrolled non-Federal Pell eligible student received $54.
- This is the College of Central Florida’s final report of the student portion funds for HEERF I.