What materials should be included in the application packet?
- Dual Enrollment Parent Signature Form
- PERT, ACT or SAT official test score reports
- High school transcript (public/private schools) or grade report (home school)
- Home school students only – letter from home education office in your district and home education articulation agreement signature page
What are the passing test scores required for admission?
How can I become eligible for MAC1105 College Algebra?
In order to become eligible for College Algebra, students need to complete MAT1033 Intermediate Algebra or have received eligible Math placement test scores:
- ACT: 25+
- SAT: 26.5+
- PERT: 123+
Can I place into a higher Math course than MAC1105?
Yes. Students who score a MAC1105-eligible Math placement score may attempt the Accuplacer Advanced Algebra and Functions Exam. Placement will be based on department determined cut off scores.
As well, students who have received credit by examination (AP, CLEP, AICE) for College Algebra or above may be eligible for higher math courses.
How do I register for placement testing?
*The two tests listed above require students to wait to receive the results.
PERT: This test is given at CF. Students receive their results as soon as they finish the exam. Students will need to bring the following:
- $10 testing fee
- Social security number
- Photo identification
Visit www.cf.edu/mytests or call 352-854-2322, ext. 1564 in Ocala, 352-249-1213 in Citrus County, or 352-658-4077 in Levy County to register.
CLM/AAF: Eligible students who wish to place into a higher-level math course than MAC1105 College Algebra may choose to take the CLM/Accuplacer Advanced Algebra and Functions assessment through the CF Testing Center.
Placement is based on scoring as shown here.
How do I register for my dual enrollment classes?
- Go to the Course Schedule Search. Use this to look up the times and days of the available courses and then ask your counselor and CF advisor for advice.
- You can view Academic Pathways for suggestions on how to structure course selections.
- View your Degree Audit on MyCF, under the ‘Academics’ tab by scrolling down to the ‘Academic Record and Transcripts’ section.
- This tool can help you determine what requirements you still need to complete for the AA.
How many classes/credits can I take?
Credit limits are determined by grade level:
|6th-8th Grade||3 credits||3 credits||0 credits|
|Freshmen||6 credits||6 credits||0 credits|
|Sophomores||6 credits||6 credits||6 credits|
|Juniors||9 credits||9 credits||9 credits|
|Seniors||16 credits||16 credits||0 credits|
How do I withdraw from a course after the Add/Drop period?
Students who wish to withdraw from a course may do so by completing the Dual Enrollment Withdrawal form and submitting it to their counselor or directly to us in person or by email (if home schooled student).
What happens if I withdraw from a course?
A withdrawal will result in a grade of ‘W’ on your CF transcript. While it does not affect GPA, it does reflect an unsuccessful attempt at a course which may affect financial aid eligibility later on.
Students are limited to a certain number of W’s before they are no longer eligible to continue in Dual Enrollment. Please check with your counselor or with Dual Enrollment staff
If my GPA at the high school level drops below the initial eligibility requirement, can I remain in Dual Enrollment?
No. You must maintain at least a 3.0 high school GPA (or 2.0 for Career Academy/Vocational Cohorts) to remain eligible for dual enrollment. Please check with your high school counselor if you fear your GPA might be too low.
If I earn a D or F in a course but my other grades are high, can I continue in the dual enrollment program?
No, you will no longer be able to participate in the dual enrollment program.
NIf you experience difficulty with a course, do not wait to ask for help!
- Contact your instructor.
- Contact your high school counselor.
- Contact a CF advisor for information about tutors and other college resources.
What do I need to do to continue at CF after graduating high school?
In order to continue your studies at CF after high school, please submit a new CF Application at www.cf.edu/apply and submit all other required documentation for admission.