As an SEVP-certified institution, College of Central Florida is authorized to issue Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status for Academic and Language Students (referred to as Form I-20). The Form I-20 is the document you need to pay SEVIS fee and schedule F-1 student visa appointment at the US embassy near you. To be eligible for I-20, please complete the following requirements:
- Online Application: Apply online at www.CF.edu/apply. You may apply anytime, but please take note of Application Deadlines. There is a $30 USD fee at the end of the application. You may pay with a credit card online before submitting or mail international money order or check later. Within two business days, you will receive an email with your assigned CF ID Number.
- Foreign Transcripts and Diploma: Apply credential evaluation of your academic records earned outside the United States.
- Valid Passport: Send copy of your passport to email@example.com and include your mailing address (including postal code) and foreign phone number for verification purposes.
- Financial Support Form with Sponsor’s Bank Documents: Applicant must submit original financial documents to the college. Sponsor must sign the Financial Support Form and attach financial documentation (bank letter or statement) showing a minimum balance of $20,663 USD. Mail it to the College of Central Florida, International Student Services, Bryant Student Union Building 5-102, 3001 SW College Road, Ocala, Florida 34474, USA.
Transfer Student (Currently Inside the U.S. With F-1 Visa)
If you are currently INSIDE the United States, attending high school, college, university, English Language programs or other institution, you will be considered a transfer student. In addition to the required documents listed above, U.S. transfer students must also submit the following:
- Official transcripts from previous US school attended. Credential evaluation is not needed for transcripts from a U.S. college or university.
- Copy of F-1 visa and I-20s. Email a photocopy of your F-1 student visa, as well as your current and all previous I-20s to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your CF student ID number in your email.
- CF Transfer Form. Complete the Transfer Form and submit to CF. Your current Designated School Official (DSO) must also sign the form
Although International Student Services accepts international student applications year-round, the following deadlines must be followed in order to ensure that your application is processed and you receive your admission packet on time.
|Spring 2022||Summer 2022||Fall 2022|
|Admissions Deadline||Dec. 1||April 1||July 1|
|Housing Application Deadline||Dec. 1||April 1||July 1|
|Orientation (Required)||January 6-7
(both days) (tentative)
|Classes Begin||Jan. 10||May 11||Aug. 15 (tentative)|
(End of exam week)*
|May 5||Aug. 8||Dec. 9 (tentative)|
*Students should consult their final exam schedule before making any travel plans for winter or summer break.