You may begin this process at any time before or during your application process for admission to the college. Contact with the Disability Services office has no bearing on application to the college or any limited-access program. Intake interviews for individuals who want to begin a degree or certificate program will be scheduled after a person has completed the CF application process and submitted documentation of disability.
If you intend to request testing accommodations for the PERT placement, TABE or other test, then you must complete STEPS 1, 2, 3 and 4 below in a timely manner.
If you have been registered with CF’s Disability Services within the last two years, go to STEP 4.
Start with STEP 1 if
- you have never registered with Disability Services OR
- if you have had only a semester of provisional accommodations OR
- if it has been two years or more since you were enrolled at CF and received disability-related assistance
- STEP 1: Review the Documentation Guidelines.
- STEP 2: Gather and submit to Disability Services
- disability documentation meeting those guidelines
- an Application for Disability Services
- a Release of Information
Allow up to two weeks for Disability Services to review the documentation.
- STEP 3: Following the review of your documentation, you will receive a phone call or email about scheduling an intake appointment or about additional information that may be needed.
- STEP 4: Attend the Intake Interview with the Disability Services coordinator to discuss approved accommodations and the process of starting those accommodations.
- STEP 5: If specific accommodations are approved, provide your instructors with a Faculty Accommodation Notice (FAN) from Disability Services at the beginning of the term.
- STEP 6: Every term you want to have accommodations, complete an Accommodation Request Renewal. Submit this to Disability Services in a timely fashion to ensure accommodations.