Emergency Financial Assistance
The CF Foundation Patriot Fund provides assistance to students when unexpected financial emergencies occur. This assistance is designed to help students stay in college, meet their educational goals and successfully complete their education. Applications are only processed when college is in session.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
• have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
• be enrolled in 6 or more credit hours in the current semester
• have completed at least one semester at CF.
Eligible expenses include:
- Medical/Dental Expenses*
- Personal Automobile Expenses*
- Child Care
- Other Expenses (as approved by the college)
*The fund is unable to pay for expenses already incurred.
Ineligible expenses include but are not limited to:
- Legal Fees
- Entertainment Expenses
- Car Payments
- Car Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Driver’s License
- Complete and submit the form located in your MyCF student portal. To locate the form, click the Finances tab. Once you’re on the Finances tab, select Patriot Fund from the left-hand menu.
- Answer all questions completely; applications are reviewed based on the information supplied.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Documentation of need, including copies of bills or estimates, is required.
- Questions may be directed to 352-854-2322, ext. 1250 or 1430.
If approved for funding, in most cases payments will be made to a third party. Payment type will be determined by the college on a case-by-case basis. In most instances, award payments will be available within 48 hours.
Assistance payments may cause a reduction in your federal or state aid awards and could possibly require a repayment of funds that have already been disbursed.