GED® Ready Exam
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to take each GED Ready Exam per subject prior to taking the Official GED Exam.
- GED Ready scores can identify any areas needing additional study.
- GED Ready is $6 per subtest and can be scheduled and taken through your GED account.
- If enrolled, students may take each GED Ready subtest free of charge (per approval of Adult Education personnel).
- The GED exam has four sub-tests: reasoning through language arts (includes reading and writing), social studies, science, and mathematics.
- All sub-tests are multiple-choice, short answer, extended response, and drag and drop answer formats.
- Individuals must have a valid email address and create a GED Account at www.GED.com to schedule the exam.
- The GED Examination costs $128 for all four tests or $32 for each sub-test. We recommend taking one subject at a time.
- To cancel, you must contact Pearson VUE. Exam fees are nonrefundable.
- Call 352-658-4077 for assistance with registration or further information.
Candidates who pass the GED Exam receive a State of Florida High School Diploma from the Florida Department of Education. The passing scores are 145 on each of the four sub-tests. Your test administrator will give you a printout that tells you how to retrieve your scores online.
You must bring a valid photo ID in order to take the test. Bring limited items with you on your appointment day. Personal items will be kept in a locker, and you will not be able to access items on your breaks (unless food or medication).