Enrollment Special Requirements

Enrollment Services

Enrollment Special Requirements

Audit Students

A student may register during the Schedule Change Period for a credit course on a no-credit (audit) basis. An audit student cannot change to credit status. Exceptions to the audit policy require approval of the division dean. The audit policy is not applicable to Health Sciences, Criminal Justice, Science Labs, and college preparatory and dual enrollment students.

Child Care Students

To comply with Florida state law, Chapter 402.3055, each prospective student must be fingerprinted and undergo a criminal background check, reference check and tuberculosis test. The cost of these procedures is the responsibility of the student. Information received is confidential and is required to determine the prospective student’s ability to work with children.

Criminal Justice Students

See the Criminal Justice web page for details.

International Students

See International Students web page for information about International Studies and ESL

Non-degree Applicants

Non-degree applicants are persons who wish to take selected college courses without intending to complete a degree or certificate program. Many students attend to upgrade employment skills, for career exploration, teacher certification, audit, or for personal objectives. A non-degree applicant must submit a completed application and a one-time, non-refundable $30 application fee. Transient students must submit a transfer letter showing good standing from the last institution attended prior to registering.

A non-degree status student cannot be certified for financial aid or veterans benefits. If a student wishes to pursue a degree, he or she must contact Enrollment Services and indicate a desire to be changed to a degree-seeking status.

Non-degree-seeking students will be allowed to register for a maximum of nine semester hours without participating in the placement testing program and any subsequent college preparatory instruction. Some courses are closed to non-degree-seeking students.

Suspended/Dismissed Students

A student who has been placed on academic suspension or dismissal and is ineligible to return to CF or the previous institution attended must file a petition for admission to CF. The student must schedule a return from suspension appointment with a program advisor.

Transfer Students

Transfer students must be eligible to return to the last institution attended for admission to CF through regular procedures. Those who have been suspended from another institution or who have a 20 or more grade point deficit are required to file a petition for admission. Students entering with a grade point deficit of 1-19 will be on academic probation.

Transfer students are required to submit official transcripts from each institution that they have previously attended at the time that they apply or readmit to CF. To be considered official, transcripts may be either sent directly to CF from the issuing institution or be delivered in a sealed envelope sealed by the issuing institution. Official transcripts may be submitted to the Enrollment Services Center on any CF campus. Enrollment Services will evaluate these transcripts and post all accepted transfer courses to the student’s permanent academic record.

Transfer students who have not already earned an associate degree or higher are also required to submit their final high school transcript, proof of GED or home school affidavit.

Transfer students who do not have transcripts on file showing completion of college prep or college-level English and math will be required to take a placement test.

Students seeking the Associate in Science degree who possess an Associate in Arts or higher degree have already satisfied core requirements.

In Associate in Arts degree programs, all academic work (1000 and 2000 level) transfers in as well as some 3000 level courses (depending on course content). In the cases where the content is the same, the burden of proof is on the student to provide official course outlines or syllabi. Upper division courses (4000, 5000, 6000 and 7000-level) are not applicable to the degree. Any questions regarding transcript evaluation must be resolved with the Office of Enrollment Services.

Transfer students from NON-regionally accredited institutions. CF does not ordinarily accept transfer credits from institutions not accredited by a regional accredited agency unless that institution is participating in an articulation agreement with the state of Florida or CF, as well as those institutions that are approved to use the Florida Common Course Numbering System. However, each transcript will be considered on an individual basis. The course work accepted must represent collegiate coursework relevant to the degree, with course content and level of instruction resulting in student competencies at least equivalent to those of students enrolled in CF’s degree programs. It is the student’s responsibility to provide the following information to Enrollment Services on a course-by-course basis if they wish for CF to consider awarding credit for courses that were not transferred during their initial evaluation.

The student must:

  • Provide the teaching credentials (institution, degrees and discipline) of the instructor of each course being reconsidered for credit.
  • Provide the syllabus, course objectives and course description for each course being reconsidered for transfer credit.
  • Provide an official transcript to CF.

All documents must be provided before the request will be considered. Upon receipt of the documents, Enrollment Services will review all evidence provided and make a final determination on the transferability of each course.